UK1200 - Auto Challenge
Time & Location
About The Event
As the name suggests, this will be a 1200+ mile (depending on your route) around the UK in any vehicle of your choice as long as it stands out!
- Sun 24th April Torquay (Reg Day)
- Mon 25th April Torquay – Norwich
- Tue 26th April Norwich – Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Wed 27th April Newcastle Upon Tyne – Edinburgh
- Thu 28th April Edinburgh – Blackpool
- Fri 29th April Blackpool – Liverpool
- Sat 30th April Liverpool – Llandudno*
- Sun 1st May Llandudno
- Mon 2nd May Llandudno / Finish
*We will be finishing by taking part in the Llandudno Transport Festival, that is twinned with the Llandudno Extravaganza, an event that regularly attracts more than 250,000 visitors over the weekend.
Price for the whole event will include:
- Accommodation each night Mon 25thApril to Sun 1st May (inclusive)*
- Medals for all participants
- Certificates for each team / vehicle
- Small decal pack or plaque
- Trophies for best car etc
- Cash prizes
- Donation to our nominated 2022 charity (TBC)
*All accommodation will be 3 Star or higher hotels and will be included on a Bed & Breakfast rating at the following hotels:
- 24th April - Torquay – The Trecarn Hotel
- 25th April – Norwich – The Sprowston Hotel
- 26th April – Newcastle Upon Tyne – The Grand Hotel Gosforth
- 27th April – Edinburgh – The Britannia Hotel
- 28th April – Blackpool – The Norbreck Hotel
- 29th April – Liverpool – The Adelphi Hotel
- 30th April & 1st May – Llandudno – The Grand Hotel
These hotels are managed by the same group, “The Britannia Group” and are all quality hotels.
Children aged between 3-12 are 50% when sharing with 2 adults.
There are single room supplements, price upon request.
The Rules and Regs
- This is a family event. You are responsible for representing yourselves in a safe and professional manner.
- We are representatives of the UK and of the “automotive community”. The eyes of the world will be upon us and we do not want to end up with negative press attention.
- No limit to age or type of vehicle, as long as you think it stands out from the crowd.
- This is NOT a race or a timed rally.
- The vehicles must not be fitted with any equipment that may endanger life or limb and must not be made to look in any way like an emergency vehicle (ie, Blue lights etc) NB. Teams have been fined in the past by local police and had the blue lights etc confiscated whilst on other rallies.
- You will abide by the laws of the land.
- You will abide to stay within the speed restrictions on the roads we are travelling on.
- You will endeavour to assist our fellow entrants if need arises.
- It is advisable to carry a small tool kit, spare bulb’s and a tow rope.
- Vehicles must display the same registration marks on the vehicle for the duration of the rally.
- Each team leader is responsible for ensuring that the vehicle that they are using has RFL (Tax) MOT and insurance to cover the duration of the event. Anyone starting the rally without one or all of these will be denied entry to the rally.
- Copies of the Vehicle ownership(V5C) and valid insurance MUST BE PRESENT IN THE VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES.
- The event management (EM) and admins approved by the EM have the power to exclude any team from the rally at any point for breaches of safety or blatant breaking of the rules set out by law.
- Dangerous driving will not be tolerated.
- Drinking and driving is frowned upon and it is the team’s responsibility to ensure that the person driving at each point can do such in a legal manner. There will be a breathalyser machine available via admin if required.
- Drugs. We have a ZEROtolerance policy in place regarding drugs of any class. If it is illegal in the UK, it is illegal on our rally. ANYONEfound to be under the influence of any drug, will mean that the WHOLE team will be disqualified from the event with immediate notice.
- No politics, religion or anything that may cause offence to anyone will be allowed on the vehicles. Offenders will be asked to remove said wording or phrases if in breach of this.
- You are advised to take out breakdown cover for the duration of the event.
- The EM team are NOT responsible for recovery of persons or vehicles in case of a breakdown or failure to complete the event.
- Should you break down or not reach a destination point (ie the hotel) there will be no reimbursement of fees, full, partial or otherwise.
- You are responsible for your own behaviour whilst at the various hotels etc. Any complaints to the EM team or Admin, will be investigated and if deemed necessary, will involve said team being removed from the event with immediate effect.
- You accept full liability and responsibility for yourselves and your vehicle for the duration of the event.
- You are happy for any photographs and or video to be used in promotional material for future events and/or to be placed on the VBR official social media accounts during and after the 2022 event. (YES / NO Delete as appropriate)
On booking this event, you are agreeing to the points laid out above and agree that the event management team and admins have the authority to remove any individual or team from the event.
John McGowan (Organiser) and member of the EM have no legal obligations to yourselves or any third parties before, during or after this rally.
If you do not have a paypal account or do not want to pay via our online secure system, then Payment can be made via Bank transfer.
Entry Fee is £875.00 per two man team sharing accomodation.
Bank account : Co-Operative Bank SC 08-92-99 ACC # 69964462
PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME AS A REFERENCE!